Friday, March 14, 2014

Buttermilk Pie


Today being the pie day (3/14, Aishwarya wanted a pie to be baked since that would give her some extra credits for her maths home-work. As we are always looking for an excuse to make a pie I was all for it. As usual I wanted to try something new so I went on a pie searching spree and finally decided to try this one. Off course, I made a few changes to suit our taste. It turned out one of the best pies I have ever made.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1 & 1/2 cups Sugar
3 Eggs
3 Tbs&1TspFlour
1Tbs Lemon Juice
pinch of salt
1 stick butter  melted
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/8Tsp Nutmeg

Method:
Mix everything together and pour into an unbaked 9" pie shell.  Sprinkle the top lightly with fresh nutmeg.  Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees in a preheated oven. Reduce to 350 degrees and bake about 45 minutes longer.
Cool to allow the filling to set.



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...