Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mexican -Style Pasta (Fideo Seco)

Since the beginning of fall I am in the mood for spicy food. So in order  to satisfy my craving I wanted to make something really, really spicy yet easy to make. Then I remembered this Mexican style pasta which I hadn't made for a while. Previously I used to make it from scratch, but this time around, I tweaked it a bit to make it even easier to make on a working day. On the final count, I think it tasted even better than how I used to make it earlier and I couldn't help sharing it with you all.
Ingredients:
8 oz. spaghetti,broken
1 jar good quality pasta sauce with onion and garlic
1/2 cup  white onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth/vegetable broth
2 tablespoons chipotle chile plus 1-2 tbs adobo sauce (optional)
3 tbs vegetable oil
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup feta cheese or  queso fresco
1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
1 ripe Hass avocado
Method: 
Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat.  Saute the noodles, stirring constantly (to prevent the noodles from burning), until the noodles turn a deep golden brown. Add  onion, garlic, and  chilies; continue to saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add the tomatao sauce  it is going to sizzle cook until the puree thickens and darkens,5 to 6 minutes Slowly pour in the chicken broth and bay leaves .  Stir to combine; season lightly with pepper.  (You can substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.) Cook stirring occasionally  for 10 to 12 minutes till pasta is done.Serve with cream ,cheese and avocado on top.

6 comments:

  1. Colorful and delicious looking pasta. Wonderful preparation.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow .. they look gorgeous and super tempting

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, luv the addition of spice. i try to make my pasta spicy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious mexican style pasta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, i would love to finish that plate..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...