Thursday, January 19, 2012

Idlli Manchurian

I  have a little princess   at home who doesn't like to eat leftovers. So on those days that I have leftovers I make it a point to rejuvenate and present it as a new dish to satisfy my little one.This is one such dish which is a hot favorite of us all.
Ingredients:
A day old refrigerated Idlli-8
Ginger-1/2"
Garlic cloves-3
Onion -1
Carrot sliced-1/2 cup
Bell pepper-1/2
Chilli paste/Sambal paste-1tbs
Green onion-1/2 cup
Soy sauce-1 tbs
Tomato ketchup-2tbs
Sweet chilli sauce-1/2 tsp
Pepper -1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Method:
Cut the idilli into 4 to 5 pieces and deep fry till lightly golden and crisp on the outside.Heat another pan with 2 tablespoon of oil and add garlic and ginger cut finely.After about 10 seconds add sliced onion and carrots, when  onion turns translucent add bell peppers and saute for 2 minutes. Add all the sauces along with pepper and salt to this.Add the fried idlli and coat them well with the sauce and the green onion, stir for another 10 seconds and remove from stove.Serve hot.
Sending this over to Lets Cook With Left Overs event at Simply.Food 

and  Cooking with left overs an event by Kalyani  hosted  by Veena


20 comments:

  1. Looks delicious n tempting dear, nice idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a very new recipe for me but can bet this would taste divine for an evening snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..nice idea to convert the daily idlis to an attractive dish..Cheers Vidya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy n delicious idli manchurian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav manchurian....Luv the chop sticks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vidhya, my elder loves this and just today morning I made it for his lunch. But I pan fried instead of deep frying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, cant take my eyes from that irresistible manchurian.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow very tempting Idli machurian !! love to have anytime !!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Chocolate Fest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tempting ketto....will try this sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, very innovative Vidhya, great way to make ur kids eat food..:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a wonderful way to use leftover idlies...

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice recipe with leftover idlis...i usually just whip up an upma with tht...

    ReplyDelete
  13. my all time fav...very inviting n tempting version
    some awards are waiting for you at my space..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blog dear, I'm also Vidhya here! Do send in your entries for my event!

    CC - Flavors of Tamilnadu
    Lock Lock Series 2

    ReplyDelete
  15. My lil one also would never say yes to leftovers. Great way to use up leftover idlis.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...