Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Creamy Spinach with Pasta Sea Shells

Whenever I feel lazy and my husband is on a business trip I used to just cook some pasta and top it with some store brought pasta sauce to satisfy my daughter.She being a pasta lover would eat it without any complaints.But sometimes I felt guilty thinking that I didn't feed her well. It was then that I searched for an easy recipe and found one. As usual I altered it a bit to suit my style and now I have an easy,tasty and healthy pasta dish that I can whip up in no time.
Serves 4
Ingredients:
1 (16-ounce) package pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (9-ounce) package fresh spinach
1 large tomato, cubed (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon chilli-flakes
2 eggs
1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Method:
Cook pasta according to the package directions; drain and return to pan to the stove to keep it warm.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, make scrambled eggs and keep it aside. Heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic; saute 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in spinach, basil,chili flakes, salt, and pepper; cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in heavy or whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
Cook until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and mix in pasta and eggs; cook an additional 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, transfer onto individual serving plates, and serve with additional parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...