Monday, July 26, 2010

Elegant Masala


All of us has some dish or other we started with our culinary journey, and this is that one dish that I cooked all by myself first time ever. I think I was in the 6th grade at that time and came upon this recipe in a Women's Era magazine.This had only a few ingredients and tasted quite different from my mom's usual curries that everyone loved it. So I saved the recipe and used to make it often but  lately I had forgotten all about it.Yesterday my daughter was asking me when was the first time I made a dish completely all by myself and what was it. It is then I remembered all about this one and cooked it for dinner. It tasted good - just the way I remembered  it to be. So here is my first dish.
Serves 3
Ingredients:
Eggs-3 -4
Onions-3
Tomatoes-3
Ginger-garlic paste-2 Tbs
Curry leaves - few
Turmeric Powder -1/2 Tsp
Chilli Powder -1 and 1/2 Tbs
Method:
Make omelets without adding salt , cut into small pieces and set aside. Heat  2 tablespoons of oil and add the chopped onions and saute them till they turn light brown. Now add ginger garlic paste ,tomatoes and curry leaves and cook them for 2  minutes .To this add the chilli powder ,turmeric powder,salt and saute them for a minute .Add a cup of water and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.When the water reduces to half  of the initial amount add the egg pieces and cook on low heat until the egg pieces are coated with masala.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...